Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family


While it's not the best picture of any of the four of us, it is the only one of all of us since Maggy's birth!

We went up to San Jose to see Jim's doctor on Monday and visited with Kathy while there. It was fun, we had the hotel pool all to ourselves for the evening and Kathy made us a great pancake breakfast before we hit the road Tuesday morning.

On the other hand, life feels a bit surreal. I am trying not to break down and cry every hour. It feels like Jim is being diagnosed all over again. I keep telling people I'm not ready to talk about it. I don't know, I feel a bit lost, but also like this isn't our real life. Any moment we'll go back to the way things are supposed to be.

Jim is not better, but not worse. Dr. Lacy wants another MRI to see how much the scarring has progressed. I don't want to know. I want to bury my head in the sand. I want Jim to get better.
We'll head back up to San Jose at the end of the month so we can go over the results and talk about new treatments, and what his doctor will suggest.

I'm grateful for this time we have him home, the kids are loving it. I am also aware of how positive Jim is being. I love him more for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sara. I love you all. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hugs and kisses to your four from us four. We love you and wish we were living closer now more than ever. xoxoxo